<< back to Lab Personnel
Timothy K. Lowrey, Ph.D.
Associate Dept. Chair & Professor of Biology
Curator, UNM Herbarium
Museum of Southwestern Biology
Department of Biology
University of New Mexico
167 Castetter Hall, MSC03 2020
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Voice mail: (505) 277-2604
Email (replace (AT) with @): tlowrey(AT)unm.edu
The main focus of my research is on biosystematic and molecular studies of the Asteraceae in the southern hemisphere. Currently, I am involved in the following studies:
- Evolutionary genetics of adaptive radiation in Tetramolopium (with R. Whitkus, Sonoma State University, California)
- Molecular systematics of Tetramolopium and Vittadinia (with C. Quinn, RBG Sydney)
- Biosystematic revision of the Pteronia (Asteraceae) in South Africa (with P. Herman, NBI Pretoria)
- Ph.D. in Botany, University of California, Berkeley (1981). Dissertation: Biosystematic Revision of Hawaiian Tetramolopium.
- Master of Science in Biology, Utah State University (1977). Thesis: Comparative anatomy of several sections in the genus Polygonum.
- Bachelor of Science in Botany, Utah State University (1974)
Timothy K. Lowrey